Monday 3 December 2012

Countdown to Christmas!

Yay! the first of December has officially arrived (and gone as I am a little late in writing about it!). This year will be my son’s first Christmas and I decided I wanted to start a few Christmas traditions. As we usually travel and Christmas I wanted something that we could enjoy in the run up to Christmas. The decorations are officially allowed out of the box on December the first and it is when everybody cracks open their advent calendars! So as a new addition to our home I decided to make an advent calendar! I wanted it to be one the family can take turns using and wasn’t all about chocolate so taking some inspiration from simply homemade magazine – issue 8 I think (they have a blog here) I decided to make a tree to decorate.

The crafting ahs been hectic and fitted between naps so it’s only just done so forgive the ends as they will be my own personal advent  - hide a thread a day!!

P1080604P1080607

P1080608

Told you there were a lot of ends to sew in!!!

I made a start on the decorations which are going to be hidden lucky dip style in the pot pocket. The front green pocket with the star will hold the star for the top of the tree. I knew I would want to add things to this so the back includes and envelope opening in the lining. This means I can conceal the coat hanger (a trouser hanger gives much better corners than a curved one) and also add things later without wrecking the back. The first decoration off the machine was this little robin. really quick and easy to whip up in felt!

P1080609P1080611

The heart is for the Second of December….and the third today is this jolly xmas pud!

P1080613

This is how the tree currently looks…..I still need to find it a place in the home to hang and make another 21 decorations!! So this is the start of the Deryndu advent!! Keep checking back to see the latest decoration and I shall try to keep up to date Open-mouthed smile

P1080614P1080616

P1080617P1080618

No comments:

Post a Comment