Sunday 19 February 2012

Bright stripes cushion cover

I was gifted two balls of cygnet seriously chunky yarn as a thank you for some wedding flowers I made. After a lot of consideration I decided it would make a nice chunky cushion cover. I cast on enough stitches to cover the width of my chosen cushion pad and then just knitted away. I changed colour at random and didn’t mind the additional lines created by changing the colour on different sides feeling they added a little character. Then once the right length was reached I folded it over to create an envelope back and sewed up the sides. The little bows are just ties of spare wool to help keep the opening closed as really the length could have done with another 10 rows but I ran out of the wool. These are just threaded through both layers and tied so can be easily removed or changed for something else like buttons if the mood takes me later on. For now though I am happy with the bows Open-mouthed smile
 060061062

No comments:

Post a Comment