Sunday 13 March 2011

Travel Accessory

My friend is off on a 6 month voyage around the world. Whilst being completely jealous I wanted to make a leaving present that would be useful enough to make it into the rucksack. Whenever I stay away from home the one thing I lack is somewhere to safely stow my wedding ring…so I decided a travel jewellery wallet might be just the ticket.
P1040011P1040010


Inside there is a watch and necklace band. jewellery can be fastened through the loops for safe keeping. The middle section represents my first adventure in installing a Zip! A fiddly job but not as traumatic as you might think. The lower section has some slip in pockets and a loop which can be secured by a popper to thread rings onto.
P1040014




I like mixing the scraps of fabric from my stash and I think these flowery fabrics work well together :-)

1 comment:

  1. Another awesome job. But don't you mean when you play away from home? :P

    ReplyDelete