Sunday 7 November 2010

Bonfire Bag

Phew, what a roller coaster!
The weeks have been filled up and its time to take a bit of time for some R&R. There's a lot of crafting on the Christmas to-do list but first I had to get a little present made for my sister.

 Her Christmas present will be the quilt mentioned in the last post but as a birthday surprise I thought I would utilise a few of the scraps and make her a little Cath K bag. Its not mistake free as it was my first even attempt at sewing a bag. I am quietly proud of it though. The pattern is the Buttercup Bag from Made By Rae Pattern Link Check it out....

A Patchwork Front

 A doggy lining
 Complete with a small rose pocket

 A little closer
 A button scrap flower broach to add a little pizzazz....

 The back view
 On of my favourite prints on the bag

The bag was a little too small for practicality so in future I'd try a bigger version. But after following the fantastic tutorial linked above I'm sure I'm well on my way to creating a few different styles now! An a little pic to leave you on......A Sparkler Heart!!

No comments:

Post a Comment